The screening operation is set up next to the
Mollyockett Motel on Rt. 26 in Woodstock, Maine.
You can find a map here.
Open May to October
Please call 207/674-3440 for hours.
We are taking reservations for field trips
Please call 207/890-9753 for more information.
Groups by Appointment-Field Trips Any Day
Dig from our pile of mine run gravel at $10.00(small) or $15.00/ bucket or you may purchase special buckets from special places.
The material in these buckets is from local gem and mineral deposits like Mt. Mica, Orchard Quarry and others!
Minerals the miner might find include:
- Quartz crystals- clear, smoky and clusters and maybe some rose quartz from Mt. Mica.
- Tourmaline- all colors and quality
- Beryl- mostly aquamarine but maybe some golden beryl too.
- Lepidolite and other Lithia accessory minerals
- Rare Minerals; cassiterite, montebrasite, spodumene and pollucite, lollingite.